Recipe details - Falafel
- 200g dried chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 60g packed flat-leaf parsley
- 20g chopped onion
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1-3 tablespoons water
- Drain chickpeas and transfer them to a food processor.
- Add parsley, onion, garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt and baking soda, process, adding water as needed, until finely ground and the mixture just holds together.
- Using about 3 tablespoons per patty, shape into twelve 1 1/2-inch patties.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the patties and cook until golden brown on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn, swirl in the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and cook until golden, 2 to 4 minutes more.
- Serve warm falafel patties with lemon wedges