Recipe details - Chickpea Brownies
- 80ml almond or coconut milk
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 85g chocolate chips
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 180g nut butter, almond or peanut
- 5 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 25g almond flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 or 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips, for topping
- Heat the milk and maple syrup in a frying pan or microwave until just about boiling.
- Take off heat.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Mix until melted and smooth and set aside.
- Line a baking pan with parchment.
- Preheat the oven to 350F-180C.
- Add chickpeas, nut butter, coconut sugar, vanilla, salt and baking powder to a food processor and mix well.
- Add the warm melted chocolate, almond flour and process again until smooth.
- Add a teaspoon milk if too thick.
- Fold in 2 tablespoons chocolate chips into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the parchment lined brownie pan.
- Spread using spatula and sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 350F -180C for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes then slice and serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Store on the counter or refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for a month.