A Classic Italian Dish
Serves 6 People
- 450g 5% lean beef mince
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt & cracked pepper
- 2 tsp chilli paste
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- 100g bread crumbs (gluten free if required)
- 2 eggs
- 250ml skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 600ml passata
- 200g mozzarella cheese, grated
- Start by preheating the oven to 200°C/400°F/ gas 6.
- Add the beef, garlic, oregano, salt & pepper, chilli paste, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, egg and milk to a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Roll the mixture into 15-20 balls.
- Next, heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the meatballs for 3-4 minutes. All you’re doing for now is browning the outside, as they will continue to cook in the oven.
- Add a few spoonfuls of passata to the bottom of an oven-proof casserole dish. Then, lay the meatballs in the dish.
- Pour the rest of the sauce all over, top with mozzarella and sprinkle with a little extra oregano, salt & cracked pepper.
- Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes or until cheese has melted and sauce is bubbling.
- Serve hot!
Macros and Calories may vary slightly with different ingredients